Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Fashion House really sucked!

First of all, they needed a hot gay romance among all the other couples. My boyfriend said, "that's not their target audience." I asked, "really? A soap opera about the fashion industry with Morgan Fairchild and they aren't targeting a gay audience?!"

Second, has anyone writing for the show ever been involved in the fashion industry? Has anyone writing for the show even seen The Devil Wears Prada? It doesn't seem like it.

The acting is fine and I could forgive the terrible writing if it weren't for the fact that there is such a crucial element missing from this show: FASHION!!!

Where is it? All the clothes look like they came from WallMart. I don't get it. How hard can it be to get some designer clothes or even copy some? Even the champaigne they used on the show was cheap; I think it was a $15 bottle of Piper Sonoma from Trader Joe's, which is perfectly fine for mimosas but not quite good enough for a millionaire to try to win back the affections of his wife. Please!

With the popularity of The Devil Wears Prada and Project Runway this could have been the perfect time for this type of show but, unfortunately, they seem to have left out anything people interested in fashion would tune in to see. I won't bother watching again

2 comments:

Eric said...

First of all...it's Wal-Mart. Secondly, I'm sure they were targeting the gay audience but they were really going after the ladies.

I was more upset that it didn't fall into the "So bad it's good" category.

It's just bad.

S said...

"The acting fine..."

Um, you mean the mannequins, right?

There is practically no acting required.

I can't wait for Morgan Fairchild to bitchslap Bo Derek senseless.